WE WANT YOU, talk to us about volunteering.
The Credit Union spirit of co-operation and community development is perhaps best demonstrated through the incredible contributions of thousands of volunteers at the director, committee and local Credit Union level, who selflessly give their time and energy to the Credit Union movement. Each credit union has a team of volunteers with the skills and knowledge to lead and manage that credit union. These volunteers sit on the various Committees and our Board of Directors, so they are fundamental to our past, present and future.
Why should I volunteer with Bruff Credit Union?
Bruff Credit Union has a team of volunteers that help to manage the Credit Union. We always welcome new volunteers and wish to invite anyone who is interested in volunteering to get in touch with us. Volunteering will not only benefit the Credit Union as a business, but you will also gain personal and professional experience.
There are many benefits of volunteering with Bruff Credit Union, here are just a few:
- You will gain professional experience and varied new skills in an interesting and fulfilling role within Bruff Credit Union.
- Education and training will be provided to help you develop and make the most of your skills.
- Volunteering brings personal development and satisfaction, you are providing an excellent service to the benefit of your community.
- You will have the opportunity to work on new developmental and business projects and gain expertise.
Why people volunteer?
- To learn new skills
- To develop new interests
- To increase employability
- To use professional skills
- To increase self-confidence
- To have a purpose, sense of achievement
- To do something they enjoy
- To make a difference, a desire to help others
- To give back, for example when a family member has benefited from the organisation
- To meet new people, have a sense of belonging or community
- They hold the organisation and its ethos in high esteem
Don’t think you have anything to offer?
Yes, you have – everyone has something to offer a credit union. You don’t need to be a financial expert or a wizard on the PC. Talk to your credit union and find out what your potential contribution could be.
Not sure you can make the commitment?
Your credit union would expect some commitment – how much, is for you and your credit union to decide. Start with a few hours’ per month and see how it goes.
Don’t know much about credit unions?
Don’t worry, you can learn. There are policies and training in place to support volunteers in their roles. In addition to the induction training programme for all new volunteers, ongoing training is available and people are encouraged to develop various skills. You’ll be surprised how quickly you will pick things up.
Ok, I’m ready. What do I do next?
- Drop in and speak to a member of staff. You can collect a Volunteer Application Form in branch
- Contact Bruff Credit Union Nominations Committee
- Download a Volunteer Application Form here
We look forward to hearing from you.
The Credit Union reserves the right to refuse a person as a volunteer and where appropriate will give a reason for that refusal as Bruff Credit Union is bound by the standards of Fitness & Probity, issued by the Central Bank of Ireland.